Sunday, July 14, 2013

My Remedy for Dry Skin

When it comes to my skin type, I have normal to combination skin. A couple of days ago for some odd reason, I woke up with extremely dry skin. Dry to the point where my face hurt when I moved it. I tried moisturizers and face masks and it didn't seem to be enough. Now I think this may have happened because of the 100 plus degree weather, but I needed a solution.
While digging for a remedy, I came upon a product that I loved so much. Bio Oil isn't a new product, but it is a great one. Not only does it hydrate my skin, but it makes it appear healthier and smoother.
 
Here is how I use it:
 


 
Prep: Before applying this product, you need to prepare your face. You need to make sure that it is completely clean. Make sure that there is no makeup, dirt, or oil on the face. I will usually wash my face with a cleanser before using this.
 
Water: Now this step isn't really required, but I found it works best for my face. Apply water all over your face. By making your face damp, you are allowing the oil to absorb into the skin faster and better. I'm not too sure why, but I like to use warm water.
 
Oil: Now I usually apply this all over my face, even if I have only a few dry spots. There really is no harm in doing so. Rub it into the skin for about a minute, and you're done.
 
Tips:
I recommend using this on days when you're not going anywhere. You need to remember that you are using oil on your face. It makes your face look extremely oily and does not look flattering.
 
This oil can take anywhere between half an hour to a couple of hours to completely absorb into the skin.
 
I will usually put it on at night before I go to sleep and wash it off in the morning.
 
I use this for my dry skin. Now if you have oily skin, I wouldn't use this too often. When I had oily skin, I would use this about once every week and that was good enough to make the appearance of my skin better. Now that I have slightly dry skin, I use this whenever I feel it is necessary. It can be once a day or every other day.
 
Not only does it fix my dry skin, but it has appeared to help even out my skin tone.
 
While this product is a little pricey (about $12 for 2 oz.) it is totally worth the price.
 
Hope you enjoyed this post :)
Have you used Bio Oil?
What do you think about it??


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...