I realize that we are more than half way done with the month of June, but I failed to post a May favorites last month. As you may know, I've been away from the blogging world for a bit to try to deal with some life stuff. If you would like to know why, then you can read all about it here. If found these photos in my camera and decided that they shouldn't go to waste. Here are the things that I loved during the month of May.
May Favorites - 2014
- First Aid Beauty Facial Radiance Serum: I'm a really big fan of serums. They make my skin feel so much better and really help my moisturizers absorb into my skin. This serum is perfect for people with uneven skin and dark spots. I've used this for a little over a month and my dark spots have continued to get lighter and my skin looks much more even. This is a bit on the pricy side, but it is well worth the money.
- Bioré Deep Cleansing Pore Strips: This is a product that I have used for years and most people know of. I'm not too sure what the major difference is between these and the regular pore strips, but I tend to choose these in hopes that they might make my face look amazing. These are perfect for clearing up the pores in your nose area.
- Garnier Fructis Style Sleek & Shine Anti-Humidity Smoothing Milk: Just to give you an idea of how extreme the weather is in Texas, I will tell you that the sun is completely gone and it is 98 degrees Fahrenheit outside right now. With this weather comes frizzy hair. I've talked about this smoothing milk before and will continue to use this for the rest of my life. It helps to control the frizz in my hair and makes my hair feel so soft. It doesn't make your hair feel stiff or weighed down. It is also a great way to keep your hair from looking dry as well.
- Not Yours Mother's Plump For Joy Thickening Hair Lifter: This product is the reason that I want to try every single one of the Not Your Mother's products. I was looking for something that would instantly give me volume without making my hair feel stiff and this product does just that. Th texture is that of a gel which was very unexpected since it is in a spray bottle. I spray a couple of pumps into my palms and rub it into the roots of my hair. It works on either wet or dry hair and gives loads of volume.
- L'Oreal True Match Foundation (N3): I mentioned this product in my last favorites but in a different shade. Sometimes my skin tone isn't as warm as it is other days and I found that the neutral tone works best for me. This line has so many different shades that it would be almost impossible to not find one that fits you.
- Sonia Kashuk Hidden Agenda Concealer Palette (Light): I am obsessed with the MAC Pro Longwear Concealer and when I ran out I needed something quick. I picked this concealer palette up at Target as a quick backup and I am so glad that I did. With this palette you are able to mix the colors to find your perfect shade. I use the top two shades the most for under my eyes and on dark spots. It also comes with a green toned concealer to cover dark circles and a setting power. This concealer will cover just about anything and blends very easily.
MAC Matte Lipstick (Velvet Teddy): This Summer I am all about the nude lips. MAC lipsticks are definitely my favorite lipsticks to wear. This is a beautiful pinky nude shade that is a bit more creamy than matte. It isn't drying on the lips, but doesn't have a glossy finish either. This is the perfect lip color to pair with any type of eye look.
MAC Lip Pencil (Dervish): It wasn't until this past month that I became interested in lip liners. I was a bit terrified of using them, but when I saw this shade I had to try it. This lip pencil is a pink shade with a pearly finish to it. As opposed to just using this to line my lips, I will actually fill in my entire lips with it. The color lasts for a really long time and it makes my lips look fuller than they actually are.
- Maybelline Color Tattoo (Sleek & Spice): Because I have been using mostly nude lipsticks, I have been going a bit darker on my eyes. I know that this is not exactly the thing to do during the Summer, but it's what I have been enjoying to do lately. These Color Tattoos are great for quick looks that last all day. This shade is a taupe that leans more on the brown side. It looks beautiful on its own, under other shadows, or combined with other shadows in the crease.
- NYC Liquid Eyeliner (Black): I don't know if it is just me, but eyeliner always disappears from my eyes. I leave the house with it and when I return it is completely gone. I love the Kat Von D eyeliner, but it is a bit on the pricy side. I picked this up as a cheaper alternative and it is amazing. It is super dark and stays on my eyes the entire day. It is a bit tricky when you first apply it since it is so wet, but once it dries you are set. It is extremely inexpensive and easy to apply.
Dr. Dre beats: I am not a big fan of headphones that go over the head because of my small head. Most headphones are too big and fall off, or too low and make it difficult to listen to the music. I never knew what all the hype was on headphones that covered the entire ear, until I tried these. I have the studio version of these beats and they are amazing. Once you listen to music on these bad boys, music will never sound the same when you listen to it any other way. Everything is so clear and you can really appreciate the songs that you like. I do have to wear these in the smallest way possible and they are still a bit big, but I can work with them.
Contact case: There's not much to say about this contact case except for the fact that it is adorable. I love anything with flowers on it so when I saw this case in Forever 21, I had to have it.
Bows: I have been obsessed with bows this Spring/Summer. They add something really cute to any outfit and can be worn so many different. These can be found very inexpensive at Forever 21 in loads of different colors.
Hope you enjoyed this post :)
What are you looking forward to most this Summer??