Monday, December 16, 2013

Blogmas Day 15 - Save Money on Textbooks

Hello Everyone!
 
Trust me when I say that I am the last person that wants to be thinking of school at the moment. We almost all just got out on break and are in no mood to think about next semester. The truth is that the Spring semester isn't that far away.
 
I know for me, one of the largest expenses for university (besides paying for classes) would be purchasing textbooks. Some courses may required more than one textbook and with some being more than a hundred dollars or more, the price really does add up. Then after the semester is over, there is the struggle of figuring out what to do with all of them. Now I am not being paid to talk about this what-so-ever. I am simply a broke, college girl that is trying to save as much money as possible.
 

 
All of this information is coming directly from experience. I have used Chegg for about two years now, and I have no complaints. Getting started is super simple. You can either type in the ISBN, author's name, or title of the book you are looking for. Once there you are giving a variety of books to choose from depending in the edition of the book you are looking for and so on. Once you find the book, you are given three options: new, used, and rent (there is also the option to get an e-book). Depending on your price range and necessities, you can choose what option is best for you. Then choose what kind of shipping you would want and done. What I really love is that you can receive your books in as little as a couple of days for a little extra money.
 
If you rent your books (I tend to choose this option most of the time), returning them is a piece of cake. All you do is go back on the website and print a shipping label. Using the same box (or any box), put the book and a paper that will be attached with the shipping label inside and tape it up. Put the shipping label on the box and drop it off at a UPS near you. You don't need to pay anything once you drop it off either. If you need extra time to use your textbook, there is an option on the website that you can check out.
 
If you purchased the textbooks, you can sell back your books to Chegg. They offer much more than other places tend to. I have found no problem in finding any book that I need and I have saved so much money. If you are looking to save money next semester, then I highly recommend you checking out Chegg.
 
Hope you enjoyed this post :)
What are you studying?
 

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...