Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Blogmas Day 4 - Winter Skin Care Essentials

Hello Everyone!
 
I still feel like I am slowly dying, but my blog must go on. During the Winter months the most important thing to remember is to keep your skin hydrated. As the temperatures decrease our skin tends to get dry and needs special care. These are some of the products that I have already started using to keep my skin nice and hydrated.
 
 
Winter Skincare Essentials

 
Face
 
Even if you have oily skin, your face may still be dehydrated. Any easy way to restore your face's hydration is to use the Origins Drink Up Intensive Overnight mask. I like to use this about once a week regardless of the season, but during the drier months I will use this as much as three times a week depending on how my skin feels. If I feel like my face is super dry to the point where it hurts to move it (yes this has happened to me many times before), I will use Bio-Oil. I recommend using this on days where you plan on staying at home or overnight. This can take anywhere from 30 minutes to 2 hours to absorb into your skin depending on how dry it is. To keep my face hydrated (lets count how many times I say hydrated in this post haha) during the day I will tend to use my Re-Gen Cream. This is essentially the exact same thing as the Bio-Oil, but in cream form. It makes a great base for makeup after you let is set for a couple of minutes.

 
Body
 
My hands tend to be dry most of the time, but during the Winter they feel like crackers. I love carrying this Nivea cream with me in my handbag or backpack. This cream is a bit thicker than other creams that I have tried and leaves my hands feeling so smooth and soft. For my body I use the Suave Vitamin E Body Lotion. I'm not gonna lie, the only reason I picked up this bottle was because I liked the pump that it had (which I cropped out of the picture by accident). I do however love how this keeps my skin feeling soft and hydrated. It doesn't leave me feeling all sticky and absorbs rather quickly. In the shower I also use the Dove Deep Moisture Body Wash (sorry I don't have a picture of it). It feels like you are showering with a cream, but not in a gross way haha.

 
Lips
 
Now I'm pretty sure that lips wouldn't really be considered part of the skin, but since I'm not entirely sure (and too lazy to check) I thought I would include it. Anytime that I talk about lip balms I have to mention my Carmex Moisturizing Lip Balm. It is simply the best and super inexpensive. I have a couple of these in multiple handbags and even one in my truck. Another option with a bit of color would be the Fresh Sugar Petal Tinted Lip Treatment. This lip balm had SPF 15 in it, is a hydrating treatment and comes in a variety of colors. This is a bit pricey, but I received this as a sample from one of my online purchases and I love it.
 
 
Hope you enjoyed this post :)
What are your Winter Skin Care Essentials?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...