Friday, December 13, 2013

Blogmas Day 12 - DIY Dark Spot Lightener

Hello Everyone!
 
One of the main issues that I have with my skin is hyperpigmentation. Since I always seem to have a spot on my face, I am constantly having to address these dark spots. Sometimes it may be difficult for someone to purchase certain products that are meant to help fade them. I am highly aware that not everyone has the means to purchase a $100 cream to test to see if it will work on their spots. This is something that I did alot in high school and really helped me. This lightener is extremely inexpensive and something that you might have in your kitchen at the moment.
 
Products needed:
 
-Lemon
-Q-Tip (not required but highly recommended)
 
 
Lemon has natural skin bleaching properties which are great on acne scars. Squeeze about half a lemon (depending on how many scars you have), into a small bowl. Taking a Q-Tip, apply the lemon juice directly on the scars. Try to avoid the surrounding areas so they don't become lighter as well. I like to gently rub the lemon juice on the scar for a little bit. Do not rub too hard or the areas may become irritated and very sensitive. This can also make the scar look worse than it did before. Leave the lemon juice on your face for about 20 minutes and then rinse off with warm water. If you would like, you can also leave the juice overnight. I would highly recommend first trying this for 20 minutes to see how your skin reacts to it.
 
Lemon juice is very drying to the skin so you need to apply a good moisturizer afterwards. You can use this as often as you would like, but the skin may become sensitive if you use it too often. When my scars were really bad I would use this about once a day for a week. I then would do it every other day and kept decreasing the amount of times I would use it. Here's a random little tip for you: if you have a lemon that doesn't have enough juice, place it in the microwave for a couple of seconds.
 
Hope you enjoyed this post :)
Follow me on Bloglovin!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...