Saturday, December 7, 2013

Blogmas Day 7 - My Travel Makeup Bag

Hello Everyone!
 
In a couple of weeks I will be heading off to see my brother and his family for the Christmas holiday. As many of you may be traveling as well, I thought I would share with you what I plan on taking with me on my trip. I will be gone for some time so I plan on taking all my essentials with me. Now I don't know if I am the only one, but when I travel I love to have options with my makeup. I never really know what look I'm going to do that day until I'm in the process of creating it. For this reason I thought of taking items with me that would allow me to create multiple looks, but not take up my whole luggage.
 
 
This is the makeup bag that I will be taking with me. I received this as a set from Sephora for some purchase that I made. I love the pattern and the shape of this bag. It looks a bit small, but I can fit so much into it that it's perfect for traveling.

 
Behold my beauties. I tried really hard to limit the amount of products I took with me., but somehow I still ended up with this large amount of products.

 
The two primers that I will be taking are the Smashbox Photo Finish More Than Primer Blemish Control and Benefit The POREfessional. I use the Smashbox primer all over my face and then go in with my POREfessional to areas around my nose. Picking a foundation to take was probably the most difficult decision since I am loving so many at the moment. I decided to take my MAC MatchMaster SPF 15 Foundation (3.0). I can build this up depending on how my skin looks a certain day and it does not look cakey at all. For under my eyes I love to use the Make Up Forever Full Cover Concealer (7). This gives amazing coverage and does not crease under my eyes. To hide any blemishes or hyperpigmentation I love to use the NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer (Biscuit). I, of course, could not leave my Urban Decay De-Slick Setting Spray at home.To set my face makeup I love to use the Revlon Nealy Naked pressed powder (medium), since it goes on so smoothly and almost invisible. As a eyeshadow primer/base I went for the MAC Pro Longwear Paint Pot (Painterly).



It may be no surprise that I decided to take my Lorac Pro palette along with me. This has the perfect combination of mattes and shimmers with amazing pigmentation. All of the shades are smooth and rich and you really can't go wrong with this palette. The mascara that never lets me down would have to be Maybelline's the Falsies Volume Express Flares mascara (very black). I decided to go with two eye liners since I like to switch between liquid and pencil eyeliners regularly. As a liquid eyeliner I chose the Jordana Fabu Liner (black). I like using this when I want to make thin precise lines or for winged eyeliner. The Stila Smudge Stick Waterproof eye liner (damsel) is a very, very dark brown that almost looks black but isn't as harsh. Brown eyeliner looks so unnatural on me since my eyebrows and eyelashes are naturally very dark. To brighten up my eyes on Christmas day I plan to use my MAC Pigment (Vanilla), in the inner corner of my eyes.
 

 
I immediately knew that I wanted to take my Tarte Off the Cuff palette with me. It has four different colored blushes along with a bronzer. This gives me plenty of options to choose from including matte or shimmer. For lips I finally decided to go for my L'Oreal Le Matte and Le Laque Full Coverage Lip Colors. I don't really like nude lips since my lips are naturally colored,so I knew I wanted lots of color. These are thin and don't take up much space and I have a good variety of colors to choose from.
 
I will also be taking other things with me like makeup brushes and an eyelash curler.
 
Hope you enjoyed this post :)
Where will you be spending your holidays?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...