Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Blogmas Day 3 - Winter Beauty Essentials

Hello Everyone!
 
I have been extremely sick these last couple of days and yesterday I spent most of the day in bed dying. I was not able to blog yesterday so I will be uploading two posts today to catch up on my blogmas. Today I will be sharing my Winter Beauty Essentials, which are basically products that I would recommend using during these colder months. Obviously it is not Winter yet, but this gives you the opportunity to prepare.
 
 
During the Winter months I love wearing berry toned colors on my cheeks. I tend to choose colors that are darker than what I would normally go for throughout the year. When I want a very dark plum color, I will go for mt Maybelline Dream Bouncy blush in Plum Wine (top left). It is the perfect plum color and great for Winter. If you want a bit of shimmer and a plum that is more on the pink side I would highly recommend the Wet n Wild blush in Berry Shimmer (top right). On days that I want a more natural blush that still looks warm on the face I love using the Milani Baked Blush in Rose D' Oro (top middle). It is a beautiful pink shade with gold shimmer. The blush that I have been obsessed with is Dazzled from the Tarte Off the Cuff Cheek Palette (bottom). It is a beautiful mauve-pink with a hint of shimmer (second color from the left).

 
 Two looks that I tend to go for during the Winter time on my eyes is natural or very dark. When I am looking to do a natural eye with lots of browns I will tend to reach for my Sleek Au Natural palette (left). For for darker and smokey eyes I have been loving the Lorac Pro Palette (right). Each one of these palettes has everything that you need to create a complete look. There is no need to have to reach for other eyeshadows and are perfect if you are traveling.


For lips I love very, very dark lips. Anything that is cranberry or purple is my favorite for the Winter time.
1. Kate Moss lipstock (107) -  It is a deep, deep red color that will make your teeth look whiter cause of how dark it is.
2. Revlon Colorburst Lacquer Balm (Provocateur) - This is a more sheer option for a red lip with a bit of sparkle in it.
3. Revlon Colorburst lipgloss (Embellished) - My favorite of all the options. Is is a deep purple shade with loads of different colored glitter in it.
4. MAC lipstick (Hang-Up) - Very similar to the Kate Moss lipstick. This one is more on the purple side and is just beautiful.

 
Becuase my outfits tend to be very mono-toned during the Winter months, I love to use very bold colored nail polish. I love to use very bright colors that you wouldn't really use during the colder months to sort of add some color to my outfits. I also love very dark colors that almost look black but aren't.
1. Sinful Color (Sugar Sugar) - This is the perfect Christmas red. This does have shimmer in it but doesn't look like chunks of glitter.
2. Essie (Ballet Slippers) - This is a very light pink shade that almost looks white.
3. Sinful Shine (Alfresco) - This is my favorite of the bunch. It is a neon, pastel baby blue. This looks great if your outfit is earth toned and doesn't contain much color.
4. Wet n Wild MegaLast (Disturbia) - This is a deep purple shade. It has a sheen finish and is almost black when you apply multiple layers.
 
Hope you enjoyed this post :)
What are your beauty essentials?
Follow me on Bloglovin!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...