Thursday, December 12, 2013

Blogmas Day 11 - DIY Acne Mask

Hello Everyone!
 
I would like to start off by saying that my finals are finally over and so is my semester. I am so super excited for this break that I desperately need from school. With the stress of school came a couple of breakouts. For some reason the products that I have recently been using didn't seem to be making any improvements of my skin. I decided to go back to something that I loved to do regularly, but for some reason forgotten.
 
Products needed:
 
-Cleanser
-Honey
-Cinnamon
-Foundation brush
-Bowl
 
 
Before you begin the mask you need to make sure that your face is completely clean. I like to cleanse my face with the Cetaphil Daily Face Cleanser. This is great to remove any dirt, oil, or makeup that I might have. Try not to use a cleanser with salicylic acid or benzoyl peroxide. These chemicals tend to work against the mask and you might not get the best results. This cleanser is available for sensitive or normal to oily skin. It is also important to tie your hair back and get all of your hair out of the way. I like to wear a headband to get any small hairs around my forehead that might get into the honey.

 
In a bowl you need to mix three tablespoons of honey with one tablespoon of cinnamon. This is more than enough to cover you face in. Taking a foundation brush (I suggest buying a really inexpensive one like elf for a dollar), mix the ingredients together with the end that doesn't have the bristles. Take the bowl and place it into the microwave for about 30 seconds. Do not leave it in there for any longer since the honey seems to get hot very quickly. I like to place a small amount of the back of my hand to test the temperature. When the mix is very warm, but not hot I will evenly spread it on my face. I like to do this in either the bathroom or with a towel. Place and even, thick layer all over your face avoiding the eye areas. Leave the mask on for ten minutes and rinse.
 
It is okay if the mask drips off. I like to do this as often as possible when my face is bad. When things have cleared up I will use it less often (about 2-3 times a week). Honey has antibiotic properties that are great way to stop bacteria from growing. This is a major reason for breakouts. Cinnamon also has properties that are great for bacteria and breakouts.
 
Hope you enjoyed this post :)
Follow me on Bloglovin!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...