Friday, December 6, 2013

Blogmas Day 6 - Winter Fashion Essentials

Hello Everyone!
 
As the weather is changing so is the clothes that we wear. Since I live in South Texas, we don't get very cold weather regardless of the season. This year we have had a series of cold fronts that have brought down the temperatures a bit. These are a couple of my Winter essentials that are nice to have to keep warm.
 
 
Of course you need some sort of sweater or jacket to keep you warm. Since it doesn't get very cold here I decided to not go for a thick fur coat that I would maybe use once. I have been obsessed with this utility jacket that I bought at Forever 21. It has a hood and is long enough to wear tights with. The color is an army green and I think that this type of jacket looks flattering on anyone. I went for a size bigger than I would normally get so that it would fit loose on me. If it does get a bit colder I will just layer clothing and wear this on top.
 
 

 

 

 
Now please tell me that I am not the only one, but I stink at wearing regular scarves. Either one side is always longer than the other, or I end up choking myself. These are the reasons that I will forever love infinity scarves, or circle scarves as some may call them. They are great to add a pop of color to any outfit and keep your neck warm. The first two I picked up at Charlotte Russe and the last one is from Burlington Coat Factory. Once I put this on I don't have to be worried about it get stuck in a car door, or sitting on it and nearly choking myself when I stand up (this has happened to me many times before haha).

 
I'm not much of a beanie/hat person because I think I have a weird shaped head and they just look awkward on me. This year I decided to give them a try and I love these two. They were on sale at Charlotte Russe for $5 each when you bought two and I loved these colors. These are a bit bigger than most beanies and they actually stay in place when I put them on. The black one just goes with any outfit and I love anything cranberry colored.


 
Here's a fun fact for you: my feet are always freezing cold. I can be wearing sandals in 90 degree weather and they are ice cold. Obviously close-toed shoes are a must during the Winter. Combats boots can be worn in so many different ways that I think that they are a great investment. These camel colored boots can actually be folded down and have a really pretty plaid design on the inside. The next pair are shoes that I am so excited about. Now I know this may not be your cup of tea, but I love them and actually have a couple of pairs. Sneaker wedges are like the best thing ever since I am really short. They are still really casual and a cute way to add a little something to an outfit.

 
Lastly, you can not survive the Winter without cute, cozy socks (I mean you could, but why would you want to?). I love owls and my brother actually bought these for me for being his favorite little sister (I'm his only sister haha). These go perfect with my combat boots to try to defrost my feet.
 
Hope you enjoyed this post :)
What are your Winter fashion essentials?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...