Sunday, December 8, 2013

Blogmas Day 8 - Full Coverage Routine

Hello Everyone!
 
During the holidays there are usually many pictures being taken and family events where you want to look your best. If you are like me and don't have perfect skin, it's nice to have a set routine to get you through these times. I'm not saying that makeup is necessary or required. If you are confident enough to go out with a bare-face I applaud you. I wish that I had the confidence to do that, but since I don't I know what products to use to make me look and feel better.
 
 
When my skin isn't looking its best I immediately pick up my Make Up For Ever Mat Velvet + Matifying Foundation. For some reason my skin has been very oily lately so I have been using products to keep me matte. I wouldn't recommend this foundation if you have dry skin since I leaves your face looking very matte. This foundation has amazing coverage and lasts such a long time. I don't need to worry about my foundation throughout the day because I know it will last all day and help keep me matte.
 
Using my finger, I dot the foundation all over my face evenly. With a buffing brush I blend the foundation on my face and down my neck (I don't add foundation to my neck just blend it down my neck). This foundation gives amazing coverage that I don't need much concealer afterwards. To hide any veins and brighten my undereyes I use the Make Up For Ever Full Cover concealer and make a "V" shape under my eyes. Using the same buffing brush I blend the concealer into the foundation. I like to pat the concealer with my finger as well to make sure everything is set. On any hyperpigmentation that may have not been covered by the foundation I use the NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer. With my ring finger I pat the concealer on and pat outward to blend into the foundation.
 
To set everything I use the bareMinerals Matte Foundation Broad Spectrum SPF 15. This powder can be used on its own if you have pretty good skin. Using a powder that has coverage in it and won't just eliminate shine is important for my full coverage routine. It helps to even everything out and ensure all my imperfections are no where to be seen. I will then go on and do the rest of my makeup and BAM.
 
This is just my routine and is not guaranteed for everyone. You need to find products that fit your skin type and adjust the coverage to your skin.
 
Hope you enjoyed this post :)
What is your full coverage routine?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...