This past month has been rather difficult for me, as you may have read here. Since I worked a lot more hours than I usually do, I didn't have much time to try out new products. These are products that I found myself using on my days off and more than anything else in my collection. I am also super excited that Summer is here and will be posting a couple of posts incorporating this season. The next couple of posts will include new drugstore products that I have been putting to the test, so I hope you're looking forward to that. Let us begin....
June Favorites - 2014
- Toni&Guy Casual Sea Salt Texturising Spray: I have really been loving having my hair in loose beach waves. It looks very natural and takes little time to do. I love being lazy during the Summer and this type of hairstyle allows me to look put-together without trying very hard. I have tried many sea salt sprays and this is the only one that I enjoy using. It doesn't make my hair stiff or smell weird, which is a major plus. It gives my hair texture and volume and the style lasts.
- Clean & Clear Makeup Dissolving Facial Cleansing Wipes: I had been stuck on using the Yes to Cucumbers Facial Towelettes to remove my makeup, for such a long time. The last time that I ran out, I decided to try something new and picked up these. I am rather upset that there are only 25 wipes in a pack when there are usually 30 days in a month, but that is besides the point. One wipe is all you need to remove a full face of makeup, which includes waterproof mascara. They do not break me out or leave my face feeling dry afterwards.
- Stila In the Light Palette: I have talked about this palette many times before because I love it so much. It is the perfect neutral palette that has everything that you need in one place. I can do so many different look using this palette, without having to reach for any other product.
- Tarte Amazonian Clay Off the Cuff Cheek Palette: I hate talking about this product since it was limited edition and I know so many people were trying to get it. Blush always disappears from my face very quickly for no apparent reason. These Tarte blushes are the only ones that really seem to last all day for me. This palette has every color that you need for the Summer. There a couple of brighter options and a couple of neutral shades, along with a bronzer. It is very travel friendly and perfect for the Summer.
- MAC Creme In Your Coffee Lipstick: By this point it is very clear that I am obsessed with MAC lipsticks. This is a deep nude/pink shade that I have fallen in love with. I have worn this shade more than any other lip product this month. It goes with any look from neutral to a smokey eye. It is very creamy and would look good on so many different skin tones.
- MAC Lip Pencil (Spice): I have been loving the deep nude lip looks this past month. This is a very dark nude/pink lip liner that I like to use all over my lips. It is a very Kylie Jenner kind of shade that I cannot get enough of.
- Tarte Amazonian Clay Finishing Powder: Due to the extremely hot weather I have been needing to set my makeup with some type of powder. Since I do use a lighter shade of concealer under my eyes, I don't like to use my face powder to set this area. This is a very fine and light finishing powder. I swirl a brush into the lid and and swipe it over my concealer. It helps to last all day and to prevent creasing.
- Benefit Hoola Bronzer: As it is Summer, I am a bit more tan that I am throughout the rest of the year. The lighter bronzers that I have don't seem to make much of a difference in my complexion, so I have been reaching for my Hoola Bronzer more than anything else. The shade is perfect for my skin tone and doesn't make my face look muddy or orange. I can build it up to contour my face and lightly brush it all over for a beautiful tan.
- Origins GinZing Mascara: It has been more than 100 degrees here almost every single day and I don't know if I'll survive until the end of the Summer. Because all my makeup just seems to melt in the heat, I don't like to wear a lot of it. My eye makeup is very natural and minimal. I love this mascara since it looks like your lashes, but better. It is natural but gives a bit of length and volume, without looking too intense.
- Stila All Over Shimmer Liquid Luminizer (Kitten): I find that cream and liquid eyeshadows seem to work best on me for this heat. I absolutely love the Kitten shade in the Stila In the Light palette and this is just the liquid version. It is easy to blend and stays on the lid all day. I don't have to worry about it disappearing from my eyelid or having to retouch it throughout the day.
- NARS Sheer Glow Foundation: One of my all time favorite foundations to use during the Summer is the NARS Sheer Glow. When a BB cream isn't enough coverage for me, I immediately choose this foundation for a little extra coverage. It gives the skin a very beautiful glow without looking oily or greasy. It has medium coverage, but can be built up.
Hope you enjoyed this post :)
What are your June favorites?