Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Beauty Favorites of 2013

Hello Everyone!
 
I hope that you all had an amazing New Year and are excited to see what this year has in store for you. Instead of doing a December Favorites, I figured I would sum up my favorite beauty products of the entire year. Some of these categories were very simple, but others required alot of deliberation with myself. After some time I finally chose the products that I wanted to share as my favorites. I tried to really minimize the amount of products that I mentioned, but also trying not to leave anything out. Here are my Beauty Favorites of 2013:
 
Skincare
 
When it comes to my skincare routine, nothing really stays the same for too long. I feel like my skin quickly gets used to products and they stop working for me rather quickly. These are three products that I constantly used throughout the year and have helped to improve my skin. Before washing my face I love to use the Simple Cleansing Facial Wipes to remove my makeup. These wipes are super moist and you only need one to remove a full face of makeup. These wipes have not made me break out which is a huge plus for me.
 
For moisturizer I like to switch between two different products. In the morning, I used the Re Gen Cream. This moisturizer has a more oily consistency which makes a great base for my makeup. This cream is great for lightening scars and helped to improve the dry spots on my face. As a night moisturizer I quickly feel in love with the Neutrogena Rapid Tone Repair moisturizer. This has really helped to even out my skin tone and helped with my hyperpigmentation as well.
 
Hair
 
Half of this year consisted of me having ombre hair so I had to be very careful with what I did to my hair. To avoid adding heat, I began to use sea salt spray. My favorite product was the Toni&Guy Sea Salt Texturizing Spray. This helped to add texture and shape to my hair without damaging it. Since I also have very long hair it tends to get a bit flat due to the weight. The Garnier Fructis Volume Extend Instant Bodifier Dry Shampoo was my most repurchased hair product. I don't use this to clean my hair, but rather for the volume reason. You can instantly see a difference in my hair once I spray this in my roots and rub my fingers through it.
 
Face
 
It is not very common for me to repurchase some makeup products. I love trying new ones, so I only repurchase those that really won me over. A foundation that beat out my high-end foundations and that I repurchased this year was the Covergirl Outlast Stay Fabulous 3 in 1 Foundation. This foundation makes my lines and pores less visible without looking cakey. This has medium coverage, but can easily be made full coverage and gives a flawless finish. For concealer I recently began to use the NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer and I am hooked. It is not thick and easy to blend, but still gives amazing coverage. As a setting powder the Revlon Nearly Naked pressed powder was my go-to powder. This has a bit of coverage (which I like) and doesn't make your face look all powdery. This powder looks flawless over the foundation mentioned above.
 
Choosing a bronzer was rather simple since I have used this every single day since I bought it. I love to use the Benefit Hoola bronzer to contour my face. Now I know this might look a little muddy on some people, but since I have a medium skin tone it's fine for me. Since I am pretty tanned I don't bronze my face much, I just use this product to contour my cheeks. A blush that I tend to pick up more often than all the others is the Milani Baked Blush in Luminoso. It is a beautiful coral color that looks very natural, yet goes with most skin tones.
 
Eyes

 
Choosing my favorite eyeshadow was a rather simple task. I narrowed this category down to two products since I switch on and off between these two almost everyday. The best thing is that these two work together beautifully or individually. For days when I am in a rush or want to put a base, I love to use the Maybelline Color Tattoos. As you can see I am a little obsessed with all the neutral colors. These are very similar (sometimes I think better) than the MAC paint pots. A palette that was just recently released but that I cannot get enough of is the Lorac Pro palette. I have talked about this many times before so I won't go into too much detail. You can create almost any look with this palette and it is a great combination of matte and shimmer shades.
 
Lips

 
I really wanted to narrow down the amount of lip products that I wanted to mention, but didn't do so well. My goal was to choose one or two, but I finally decided on four lip products that are my most used. MAC Hang-Up is one of my favorite deep lip colors. It is a deep red color that is more on the purple side. This is a cremesheen formula which is my favorite formula from MAC. Rimmel Kate Moss lipstick in 107 is my most used of the four. It is a deep red color that is more matte than the MAC color. These lipstick are very inexpensive and have a great formula.
 
When I am not wearing red/purple, I am usually be wearing a nude/pinkish color. The Revlon ColorBurst Mate Balm is a beautiful deep nude color. I have naturally colored lips so the nude lip colors that I wear are deeper than most nude colors. I absolutely love these matte shades as well as the lacquer shades. For the perfect baby doll pink shade I had to go with the Rimmel Show Off Lip Lacquer in Nova. I have a few of these lip lacquers and they are amazing for the price that you pay. These do require precise application because of how opaque they are, but they are great.
 
These were my favorites of 2013 and I would love to know what yours were. I tired to make this as short as possible, but I'm not too sure that I was able to accomplish that. I was hoping that with a new year I would be able to get used to writing posts, but it seems as though I am still not there yet.
 
Hope you enjoyed this post :)
What were your favorite beauty products of 2013?
 


1 comment:

  1. There are many Online Coursework writing services and Help with Coursework Writing services to choose from for those stuck with their psychology coursework writing services and nursing coursework writing help services.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...