Saturday, February 1, 2014

January Favorites - 2014

Hello Everyone!

It feels as though I haven't done one of these posts in such a long time. My last favorites post was a yearly favorites so it's been a while since I did more specific items that I have loved. I have tried so many new products and these have been my favorite this past month.

I tired to narrow things down as much as possible since there was so many different things that I have tried and liked. 


Hair

I don't generally use dry shampoos for cleansing my hair but rather for volume. My hair is really long so it tends to get weighed down and flat. The Psst! Instant Dry Shampoo gives my hair so much volume. I spray this in my roots and then a bit all over my hair and run my fingers through it. It doesn't have the most pleasant smell, but it goes away and doesn't linger. At night while my hair is still damp I love to use the Living Proof Frizz Nourishing Cream. It leaves my hair feeling so soft and healthy and helps to control my frizz with all the humidity.


Skin

The Neutrogena Rapid Clear 2-in-1 Fight & Fade toner has worked wonders on my skin. It has more of an oily texture as opposed to other toners I have used which makes my skin super soft. It has helped with my acne and feels amazing on the skin. Another product that has helped to really minimize the amount of breakouts I have it Tea Tree Oil. At night I will apply this to any spots that I have or I apply a couple drops of this to a spray bottle with water and spray my face. Tea Tree Oil helps to fight bacteria and such, to help breakouts. A scent that I have been loving is the Victoria's Secret Bombshell. This smells amazing and is girly without being too fruity and sweet.


Beauty

I have been playing around with alot of my palettes lately, but I always find myself reaching for the Stila In The Light Palette. This just has everything that you need without having to reach for additional colors. A big change for me has been my obsession with nude lipsticks. I was not a big nude-lip fan cause I thought it wouldn't like right on me, but after trying a few I feel in love. I have been using MAC Jubilee, Cherish, Viva Glam V and Revlon Pink Pearl. These are all different shades of nude as well as different formulas. On my cheeks I have really been going for the bronze-cheek look. The NYX blush in Terra Cotta gives me the perfect hint of glow and shimmer. The MAC Studio Fix Powder has been my go-to this month. It gives coverage while still controlling shine on my face. Along with this I have been using the MAC Pro Longwear Concealer. This lasts on my face most (if not all) of the day and does not require touch ups. It covers nearly everything and it creamy and easy to blend. To brighten my eyes I have been reaching for my L'Oreal Silkissime Highlighter eyeliner. This is a rose/gold shade that is much more natural than the nude pencil. It looks beautiful on everyday looks with any color. My all time favorite liquid eyeliner has to be the Kat Von D Tattoo Liner. I have oily eyelids and this lasts all day without smudging or transferring to my crease area.

Random

(photo taken from Google Images)

If you follow me on Twitter than you know that I have been obsessed with The Walking Dead. I just started watching the show on Netflix, but I am almost done with Season 3. I'm trying to finish it all before the new season starts next week and I am so excited. Glenn is by far the cutest thing ever and I just love him so much. My favorite character has to be Daryl. He seems very tough, but you can see how much he cares about everyone and he makes me want to learn how to shoot a bow and arrow. He kicks major butt and I would be very upset if he ends up dying.


This is a rather old book that I had never read. Flowers in the Attic might not be appropriate for younger people, but I absolutely loved this book. I read it within a couple of days and would have finished sooner if my mom hadn't threatened to ruin the ending if I finished it too fast. The story keeps you hooked to the very end and I just started reading the second part because I need to know what is going to happen.

Those were all my favorites for this month and I would love to know what yours are!

Hope you enjoyed this post :)
Follow me on Bloglovin!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...