Thursday, February 13, 2014

Tea Tree Oil - Acne Treatment

Hello Everyone!

Since middle school, I have suffered from acne. It was never severe, but I would constantly have about 10-15 spots on my face. They were little, red bumps that seemed to focus along my forehead area. I would also get an occasional major zit every once in a while that seemed to take forever to go away. I tried, what seems to be, everything that I could think of to make them go away. The worst part is that with my hyperpigmentation I would have a never ending cycle of dark-spots to deal with. 

I tried just about anything that I could think of to fix my acne and nothing seemed to fully work. Anything from cleansers to masks just didn't seem to completely get rid of my little red, spots. I even changed my diet to see if something that I was eating was causing my breakouts. I'm not one to want to spend a bunch of money on something I'm not even sure will work. I read in a magazine about how Tea Tree Oil was a great way to get rid of acne. At first I thought it was just something else to add to my list of "Things That Didn't Work." Nevertheless, I decided to give it a go since it was very inexpensive and heard so many people raving about it. I have now been using Tea Tree Oil for a couple of weeks and my face has seen some major improvements. I no longer have those irritating 10-15 spots on my forehead and only get an occasional spot. My face feels so much more smooth and even. I have also seen an improvement in my acne scars.






How to use:

I like to use this mostly during my nighttime routine. Since this is still an oil, it wouldn't be the best to put this on you face and then go out in the sun. At night I will take a q-tip and put some Tea Tree Oil on any (if I even have any) spots. Then I spray my Tea Tree Oil spray all over my face for extra  treatment. To make my spray I took a plastic spray bottle that I bought at Target for under a dollar. I filled the bottle with purified water that was a bit warm. I then added 20 drops of the oil into the bottle and shook it. I recommend shaking the bottle every time before you spray your face so the oil mixes with the water (I know water and oil don't mix, but you get the idea). I also spray this on my face in the morning after I moisturize. If you have never tried Tea Tree Oil I suggest that you try using the spray, with less drops of oil, to see how your face reacts to it. If you see no reaction, then add more drops on apply the oil directly to your face.

Hope  you enjoyed this post :)
Follow me on Bloglovin!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...