Saturday, November 2, 2013

Get Ready with Me featuring Lorac Pro To Go

Hello Everyone!
 
I received so much positive feedback from my last Get Ready with Me that I thought I would do another. If you would like to see how I prep my face before makeup and how I prime my eyes, you can head over to my first Get Ready with Me here to see.
 
 
This is the look that I will be giving a step by step post about. It has been one of my favorite looks over the past couple of weeks and I hope you enjoy it as well. This look was focused around the Lorac Pro To Go palette that includes eyeshadows, blushes and a bronzer.

 
After prepping my face, I decided to use the NARS Sheer Glow Foundation in Barcelona. Although the name says sheer, this foundation has amazing coverage. I was having a rather good skin day so I didn't need any concealer over this foundation. To apply, I like to shake the foundation for a couple of seconds like the bottle indicates to do. Putting a small amount on the back of my hand, I will then dot this all over my face. Using the Real Techniques Expert Face brush I blend the foundation onto my skin. This foundation does take a bit longer to blend that other foundations but once it is blended it looks amazing on the skin. Using the Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circles Brightener, I make a V shape under my eyes. Using the same brush I will blend this into my eye area and bring it up onto my cheek bones towards my hair line (where you would put highlighter).
 

 
This is my skin with just foundation and the brightener. As you can see the foundation gives a medium, almost full, coverage. It is very buildable and doesn't feel heavy on the skin. After I applied the first layer, I simply added a tad bit more on areas with hyperpigmentation and the foundation did a great job in covering it.
 
 
The colors that come in the palette can easily make many different full looks. For this look I first applied the shade Cafe in my crease and slightly above with the Real Techniques Deluxe Crease brush (this brush is great if you have hooded eyes and want to apply eyeshadow in your crease and above). I simply made back and forth motions to blend the shadow into my crease and make the harsh line more smooth. Using the EcoTools Shade brush, I took the shade Shell and applied it on my lid and towards my crease. If you have hooded eyes it is okay to go all the way to the crease, but if you don't stop just before the crease. Taking my Real Techniques Domed Shadow brush I used the shade Chai and applied it to the outer V. Remember it is easier to add than to take away, so add small amount first and then add as you wish. With my Real Techniques Base Shadow brush I will make circular and back and forth motions to blend the eyeshadows. Instead of using eyeliner on my eyelid, I took my Eco Tools angled brush and took the Black shade to line my eyes. 

 
To line my upper water line I used the black Rimmel Scandaleyes Waterproof  Eye Liner. After curling my eyelashes with my Revlon eyelash curler, I applied mascara. For this look I used the Orgins GinZing Brightening Mascara to Lengthen and Lift. This mascara is great if you want a better than you lashes look.
 

 
To set my foundation I used the NARS Light Reflecting Setting Powder-Pressed in Translucent Crystal.This really helps to blur any pores or lines that you may have and is a great setting powder. I like to lightly sweep this all over my face with my Real Techniques Multi Task brush. Since it is translucent, any skin tone can use it which is great. Using my e.l.f. Bronzing Brush I will lightly tap into my Sleek Face Contour Kit (Medium). I will make a diagonal line from the top of my ear towards my mouth but not all the way. Then I go back and with zig-zag motions will blend it in.

 
Back to the Pro To Go palette, I decided to use the Coral blush. It is a beautiful color that adds a bit of shimmer to your cheeks. I applied this to my cheeks with my EcoTools Blush brush. I used the Bronzer with my Real Techniques blush brush to make a B3 shape on my face. I love that this bronzer isn't that dark and just gives you a slight tan look without looking orange or too dark. I also blended this onto my forehead along my hairline.

 
Taking my EcoTools Highlight brush, I swished the brush into the cap of my Vanilla Pigment. A little goes a long way with this pigment so I don't suggest dipping it into the pigment itself. I applied this to the inner corners of my eyes and onto my brow bones. To finish the look I used my L'Oreal Colour Rich Le Matte in Matte-r of Fact and applied this to my lips.

 
This is the completed look.

 
Here is a close up of the eye look.
 
 
I hope you enjoyed this post :)
Follow me on Bloglovin!
Let me know if you would like to see more Get Ready with Me posts!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...