Saturday, October 26, 2013

Get Ready with Me - Simple Day Look

Hello Everyone!
 
I will start of by saying that the first picture may be disturbing to some readers haha! As you will see I have hyperpigmentation and an uneven skin tone. I thought it would be nice to share with you a simple day look that I have been loving lately, in picture form.
 
This is me basically when I wake up in the morning. As you can see my skin is pretty horrid and needs lots of help.

I like to start off every morning by of course, brushing my teeth and washing my face. Lately I have been loving the St. Ives Blemish Control Green Tea Scrub. This has really helped me with my acne and I love how the ruff texture feels on my skin. Then I will moisturize my face with my Origins VitaZing SPF 15 Energy-Boosting Moisturizer with Mangosteen. For my eyes I love to use GinZing Refreshing Eye Cream to brighten and depuff. This instantly makes my eyes look brighter and more awake.

After my face is dry from the moisturizer, I will apply my Benefit POREfessional primer all over my face with an emphasis around my nose where my pores are much bigger. I like to give my primer a minute or two to dry and sink into my skin, so at this time I will usually change my clothes or do my hair if I'm doing something really fast and easy to it. Once this is dry, I will spray the Urban Decay De-Slick Makeup Setting Spray about four times all over my face. This dries rather quickly so I just fan my face with my hands to speed up the process. For foundation I decided to use my Tarte Amazonian Clay 12 hour Full Coverage Foundation (tan honey). I love the way this makes my face look when I blend it in with my Real Techniques Buffing brush. At this point I like to prime my eyelids even though I'm not applying eyeshadow yet. For this look I just used the Lorac Behind the Scenes Eye Primer and blended it all over my lid and towards my eyebrow with my fingers.

To brighten my eyes just a bit more I love using the Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circles Treatment Concealer (Brightener). I will make a V-Shape under my eyes and blend it in with my Buffing brush. For hyperpigmentation and any blemishes that I may have I will use the Maybelline Super Stay 24 Concealer (Medium Beige) since it matches my skin perfectly. I will pat this in with my fingers to make sure it is blended in well. This has amazing coverage and I don't know why more people don't talk about it. At this time I will usually go back to my De-Slick setting spray because this is how I have found it works best for my skin. Once that is dry, I will set everything with my bareMinerals Matte Foundation Broad Spectrum SPF 15 (Golden Medium). I will use a big powder brush and just sweep a small amount all over my face.

As you can see there is a huge difference in my face once I have set the base. Today I just decided to wear a messy bun with my Duck Dynasty t-shirt and some jeggings.

For this Simple Day Look I will be using the Stila In the Light Palette.

I applied the shade Kitten on about 3/4 of my eyelid from the inner to outer corner of my eye. As a crease color you should use a shade that is a few shades darker than your skin tone so I used the shade Bliss. Since I have hooded eyes, I like to apply the crease color on my crease and slightly higher towards my brow bone. If you have hooded eyes and just apply the color on your crease, then the color will disappear once you open your eyes. Now using the shade Sunset I will apply the color to the remaining 1/4 of my lid and the outer V of my eyelid. (Again make the V slightly higher than your crease). For eyeliner I just used the one that was included with the palette which is the Stila Smudge Stick Waterproof Eye Liner (Damsel). I just made a thin line along my lash line, nothing fancy or winged. To soften the look I used the shade Sandstone and with a angled brush, went over the line and smudged it a bit to give a slightly messy look. (I also used this eye liner in my upper water line). Using Sandstone, I also applied a small about and blended it out on my lower lash line.

For blush I wanted something very natural but pretty so I went with the NYX blush in Terra Cotta. I simply patted and blended it out on my cheeks with a blush brush. To contour (no surprise) I used my Sleek Face Contour Kit (Medium). All I do is make a fishy face and make a line from the top of my ear towards the corner of my mouth but not all the way down. A fluffy angled brush works best form me. Then I make little zig-zag motions back-and-forth on the line to blend it out.

I like to use matte and light bronzers so the NYC Smooth Skin Bronzing Face Powder (Sunny) is best for me. I apply this along my jaw, my cheeks, and temples. Basically you will make a B 3 shape on your face. Make sure to properly blend this so it doesn't look obvious. At this time I realized that I my face didn't look complete and I realized that I had forgotten mascara haha! I usually apply this before the blush and everything, but not today. I curl my eyelashes with a simple Revlon eyelash curler. Using the Benefit They're Real! Mascara I will put the brush as close to the root of my lashes as possible and wiggle the wand outward. I do this to the bottom lashes as well.

I'm not too sure why I like to leave this step towards the very end, but I don't like using it any other way. Using a fluffy brush, I will take the MAC Vanilla Pigment and apply it to the inner corners of my eyes to make them brighter. Using the same pigment and brush I will apply a small amount on my brow bone to make my eyebrows appear lifted. Since my eyes were a little simple I went for a bold lip. Using MAC Rebel I went over my lips and then applied the Covergirl Lip Perfection Jumbo Gloss Balm (Jam Twist) on top. 

This is the finished look (and Si).

Very natural and simple eye look.

Creepy cropped picture of just my eyes.
 
Hope you enjoyed this post :)
 
This is my first time doing a post like this so let me know what you think!
I would love to know if you would like to see more or a certain look.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...