Thursday, June 20, 2013

OOTD

I thought that I would put my own personal twist to this OOTD post.
Let me know what you thought!
 
 
I picked up both these pieces at Forever 21. I have been obsessed with floral print for as long as I can remember. Being from Texas means 100 degree weather in the summer so outfits like these for those hot summer days :)
 
As you can see I'm not a size zero. Being Latina, I have been blessed with curves. I have large hips, with a fairly large chest to match. The fact that I am built like this does not mean I have to hide my body. People seem to have developed this idea that the only way that a person can be beautiful or successful in today's society is only if you wear a size extra small. The character of a person has no significance if they don't look a certain way. I think this idea is preposterous, but most people don't think like me.
 
I could understand what most young girls my size think. You watch famous YouTubers and Beauty Bloggers and they all seem to have one thing in common, their size. They all seem to have this ready for a bikini, no weight issues body. Why is that? I have nothing against these people (just to be clear). I bet that they are wonderful people! They, unpurposley, give people of a larger size no hope. There's no way that you will be as liked as that certain person because of the size of dress that you wear. This is ridiculous and no one should ever feel that way.
 
I once heard someone say, "She would be so pretty if she lost weight." This is so upsetting and ridiculous that I didn't know what to say. My size is what makes me the person that I am today. Personally, I don't want to be skinny. I like food more than half of the guys on this planet. A person's beauty comes from within, not from the size of their pants. Be yourself and show the people with nasty minds like the one who said this, eat their words. Be happy!!
 
I created this blog because I wanted to share the things that I love with other people. Although I am a size medium, I should never feel self-conscious because of what I see in the media. I'm not changing for anyone. I'm happy the way that I am and will continue to embrace the body that I was given. I know that I'm not that much larger than those people, but it doesn't matter. Do what you love! Whether you have one subscriber or 50,000, just do what you love and people will love you for you.
 
Hope you enjoyed this post :)
Let me know what you think below!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...