Friday, September 20, 2013

5 under $5 - September

Hello Everyone!
 
As you might have noticed by now, I am a huge drugstore makeup fan. In the past couple of years drugstore brands have really stepped up their game with their products, giving higher-end products a run for their money. You might be surprised at some of the amazing products that you can get for a little amount of money.
 
Since I am always buying drugstore makeup to try, I figured I would do the 5 products under 5 dollars once a month. New products are constantly being released and this is a great way for me to show you some of my favorites.
 
September 5 under $5 Favorites

Wet n Wild Eyeshadow Trio - Enlisting for Beauty
 
Shocker to see a neutral palette I know haha! I have been completely loving Enlisting for Beauty this month. This is part of the new Tough Girl collection from Wet n Wild. Now for most trios I wouldn't use all the colors together since they wouldn't look very nice, however I love using all of these colors together. Wet n Wild eyeshadows have some amazing eyeshadows. They are really pigmented and are not chalky what so ever. They are just a great quality for a great price. This trio is available at Walgreens for $2.99, but I picked it up on sale for just $2. These are simply a bargain that you should definitely give a try.
 

Jordana Twist & Shine Moisturizing Balm Stain - Cranberry Crush
 
I won't go into so much detail since I have already done a review here, but I will say that this particular color is great for Fall. This is the color Cranberry Crush. The darker colors of this collection tend to stain the lips a bit more than the lighter colors, which is similar for most balm stains. This is available at Walgreens for $2.99.

Rimmel London Stay Matte Long Lasting Pressed Powder - Transparent
 
This product may not be a surprise to you since it has been mentioned pretty much everywhere, but it is simply a great product. The Stay Matte powder is available in a selection of shades, but I much prefer to get the Transparent one. This is a great product to just throw in your makeup bag or handbag and take on the go. It is the perfect touch up powder to help eliminate shine. This is available at most drugstores for $3.97. 

NYX Blush - Mocha
 
Oh my goodness you guys, NYX is available at Target! I couldn't believe my dark brown eyes when I first saw the brand at the store and I almost had a heart attack. I may have went a little wild, but the closest store next to me that sold NYX was over an hour away from where I live so I was really excited. Anyways, this is one of their blushes in Mocha. It is a matte pinky, neutral color and is beautiful for everyday use regardless of the season. This is available at Target for $4.99.

NYC Smooth Skin Bronzing Face Powder - Sunny
 
This is another product that has been well talked about in the beauty community. It is a matte bronzer which is very difficult to find in the drugstore and anywhere in general. It gives you the perfect glow and doesn't go overboard with bronzing. By just sweeping this on the temples and cheeks it really completes a look and adds definition to your face. This is available in most drugstores for $3.49.

Top 3 (very top color is very similar to my skin tone sorry!): Enlisting for Beauty
4th: Cranberry Crush
5th: Mocha
6th: Sunny
Powder was transparent so I couldn't really take a picture of that haha!
 
Hope you enjoyed this post :)
What are your 5 under $5?
Don't forget to follow me on Bloglovin!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...