Monday, September 2, 2013

Back to School Series: What's in My Makeup Bag

Hello Everyone!
 
Well I might have mentioned this before, but I am currently attending college or university as some of you may call it. Since I don't live on campus and actually have to drive about 20 minutes to get to school, I always have to make sure that I have everything that I will need with me.
 
Most of the time I won't head straight home after my classes and go grab a bite to eat with a friend or stop at the mall on the way home instead (horrible placement of a mall for a person who loves buying stuff haha!).
 
I don't like to take too much makeup with me and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone as well. School is a time to learn and interact with others, not to be in the restroom applying makeup. I do however think it is important to take some essentials just in case you may need them.
 
You may not use all of these products depending on your age or skin type so adjust it in a way that will fit you!
 
 
This is the makeup bag that I currently use. I love the pattern of it and the shape as well. These more square kind of shaped makeup bags allow for loads of space and are great to take with you if you are staying somewhere overnight and need to take more makeup than usual. I picked up this particular one in Charlotte Russe for around $7. They do have a smaller one that has a plastic cover (great for a pencil case) for around $5.

 
1. PINK Soft and Dreamy Body Mist - I find it super necessary to carry one of these with me all the time. Living in place that rarely has weather under 90 degrees and is extremely humid, you don't want to walk around smelling. These are small enough to throw in your backpack and spray yourself during the day for reassurance. This one was given to me as a gift, but may be bought in Victoria's Secret.
 
2. Oil Absorbing Sheets -  Since I've already mentioned the weather you must already know that my face tends to get more oily than usual during my classes. I only have about ten minutes between class so these are prefect to just quickly remove the oil of my face and make it look as if I just applied my makeup.
 
3. Lips -  I tend to always have more than one lip product with me. I don't really know why but I just can't leave the house with one and sometimes I leave them in my bag and magically find them later. Some type of lip balm is super important especially if you have dry lips. I love the Maybelline Baby Lips (Quenched) since it has SPF in it and the  Carmex Moisturinzing Lip Balm.
 
For actual lipsticks I like to always have two with me as well. It all usually depends on what I feel like wearing that particular day. I don't have a set one that I always have in my bag. On this day I had the Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in Pink Pearl and Rimmel Show Off Lip Lacquer in Stellar (two complete opposites ha!). I also have a Wet n Wild lipstick in Cinnamon because I can't resist a red lip.
 
4. Face -  Again I don't like to apply too much makeup during the school day, but I do like to touch up if I'm going somewhere afterwards. Concealer is always to first thing to go when it comes to makeup. I think it is super important for me to carry one to cover-up any spots that may be visible at the end of the day. I am currently loving the Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer in Medium.
 
I love to set the concealer with a powder. I don't go crazy with the powder, but just lightly sweep it all over my face and concentrate on areas where I put concealer. This is the MAC Mineralized Skin Finish in NC35. Most of the time I just leave my face alone after this, but sometimes I like to apply some blush. Now I don't do this all the time but if I do, I like to use something natural like the Natural Collection Blush Powder in Peach Melba.
 
5. Eyes - Because of the high humidity I find that my eyeliner tends to get a tad bit lighter by the end of my classes. If I want to I will usually just quickly go over it again lightly to make me look a little bit more done-up. I am in love with the L'Oreal Super Slim Liquid Eyeliner, it is practically mistake proof.
 
I don't think my eyes are fully done until I have curled my eyelashes. Mine are naturally really dark, (pretty much black) and I love the way that they look curled. I'm not too sure what eyelash curler this is but just find one that you love and use it.
 
6. Hair - This technically isn't a makeup item, but it is just as important. I can't leave my house with out some hair grips and hair ties. You never truly know how your hair is going to look by the end of the day and having these make for a quick fix to a disastrous hair day.
 
Hope you enjoyed this post :)
What are your back to school essentials?
Thank for all the support and for my 125 followers <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...